Fiancé(e) Visas


Bringing Your Fiancé to the United States

The United States permits fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens into the country through K-1 visas. These visas allow a fiancé to stay in the U.S. for up to 90 days. During this time, he or she is required to marry their U.S. citizen fiancé or return to their home country.

For assistance in bringing your fiancé to the United States through a K-1 visa, contact the law firm of Maiona Ward. Our immigration attorneys have extensive experience helping new families begin their lives together in the U.S.

You can reach us at our home offices in Massachusetts at 617-695-2220. Though we are located in Boston, we serve clients around the globe. Our lawyers have in-depth knowledge of a variety of family immigration opportunities in the U.S.

Obtaining a Fiancé (K-1) Visa

To obtain a fiancé visa, certain requirements must be met. The foreign national and U.S. citizen and must have met in person within two years of filing for the K-1 visa. Additionally, before filing the visa petition, any past divorces must be finalized.

If you and your fiancé meet these requirements, the U.S. citizen should then seek legal counsel for assistance in filing the K-1 visa petition on behalf of his or her fiancé. Our attorneys can let you know what documents you will need and guide you through the application process. Once your fiancé is in the U.S., we can assist you in obtaining a marriage visa and eventual U.S. citizenship.

Contact Maiona Ward at 617-695-2220 for efficient and accurate legal guidance in obtaining a fiancé visa.

Legal guidance · Peace of mind · Cost-effective solutions

Se habla español. Se fala português.

Contact Us

Fill out the contact form or call us at (617) 695-2220 to schedule your consultation.

Leave Us a Message